Friday, November 19, 2010

Not Watching and Not Hearing

19 Who is blind but my servant, and deaf like the messenger I send? Who is blind like the one committed to me, blind like the servant of the LORD?

Isaiah 42:19 (NIV)

In a previous post I mentioned how sometimes God's Word brings conviction.  This passage is a warning against worldly thinking and selfish attitudes (42:17).  It reminds me of how easily I can fall into these traps.  It is addressed to those who have entered a covenant relationship with the Lord.  It describes my relationship to God as servant; and  my job is described as messenger. 

I am well aware of the limitations poor eye health can bring.  There are things I cannot do very well right now because I cannot see very well. 

And what about hearing?  How can a messenger deliver a message he cannot or does not hear?

What am I to do to break out of this silent darkness?

I need to look closely for the evidence of the things around me that only God could have done.  And because often my hearing is not so good, I need to draw close to the Lord, so I can hear the message He wants me to deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment